The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

Recently I switched to work throughout the night and took the first bus home for my part time job. The reason is just plainly to maximize my productivity.

I am doing data entry and my job requires me to input a certain amount of data into the server every month. The job is very flexible. I can go anytime and how many time I want. As long I finish the monthly quota, everything is cool. They pay me a fixed wage every month.

Since that is the case, naturally I will choose to go as seldom as possible. I mean what is the point of going to work all the time since the wage is fixed right?

During the day, the server was usually occupied by the full timers. Therefore in the past, I had to go there very often as each time I went, there were always people wanting to use the server unavoidably and I had to stop and waste my time waiting for them to finish. By the way they only have got 2 servers.

I surveyed and decided to try the night. Indeed at night there weren't any people. It was spookily quiet and so I got the whole server to myself throughout the night. I realized I could finish everything 2.5 times faster. It took me 8 trips per month in the past to finish but now it was reduced to 3 nights at most.

This surely reminded me of the guard duties during my army days. But for guard duty usually you get to have a buddy with you, so it wasn't so lonely and maybe scary. It was probably because of guard duty too that gave me the idea of working at night.

I really hate the guard duty. The hateful times of army with turnouts, sweaty no.4, mosquitoes, precious weekend, heavy rifle, macdonald's delivery, night snack, same cook house smell regardless of the food, the guards' bunk, area cleaning, prowling, sentry, meaninglessly opening and closing the gate, etc.

I am sure glad that is all over. The night shift is nothing like those but instead I have got food, drinks, music and absolute freedom.

Exams are approaching. Things are getting intense. Can't wait it to be order for another period of freedom. Happy April Fool Day.

2 comments:

Happy April Fools? Does that mean this whole post was a joke? Or are you actually saying- Happy April! Fools!

haha relax man. Everything is genuine. The happy april fool is just a remember in case anyone sends u sms jokes that make it sound like real but is actually a joke on you.

Post a Comment