The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

April fool was a few days ago. Some of us would send some jokes to people to see if they would fall for it. While I was doing that, I discovered something else interesting by chance.

Most friends who fell for my April fool jokes are serving their national service. That phenomenon spawned a thought..

Does Serving the army declines intelligence?

When I was in training schools, there seemed to be a "just listen, do and get it over with" trend. There wasn't much thought or doubt. And if the commanders screwed up, everyone either just thought he was a fool or couldn't be bothered. I had never heard anyone say "We are fools for listening to him.". A classic example I remembered that happened to me was a time my batchmates and I were brought out for jogging on the rough roads barefooted. We were convinced it was to "season" our feet. Jackasses man!! We were fools for listening to that bullshit.

I guessed everyone really just throw their brains away when you were not in command. Anyway what's the point of being a hero and get screwed for insubordination and questioning a senior soldier right? Everyone was infected with this disease.

So I guessed me sending this kind of sms to them during a time whereby they were probably being trained and still under the simple and docile fungus, led them to be ambushed by a rather simple April Fool joke.

The irony is that they propagated nationwide that they are training a 3rd generation thinking soldiers to protect the country.

Maybe they could start by asking my secondary school cousin to teach them how to disclose my simple April Fool joke first.

0 comments:

Post a Comment