The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

After a night shift work with take-away macdonalds, I finished my work rather early yesterday. Early as in 4:58am. The direct bus that takes me home only reaches the bus stop at 6:30am and I will arrive home usually by 7:30am.

I checked the bus guide and tried to find alternative buses to get home. I realized that bus 157 and 165 go to jurong and clementi respectively and their first buses arrive the same time at 5:20am. Therefore I decided to try the alternatives.


I walked to the bus stop along the silent highway and bus 165, which goes to clementi, came first so I boarded. The journey was smooth and the speed was acceptable. Naturally at this hour there was still not much people travelling. The upper deck was empty.



However, once I reached Clementi I faced a problem. Because that stop and the direction I was heading is considered more of the near ending of route for almost all the buses, the first bus timings is like 6:45am and I was there at 6am sharp. I don't want to be sitting and waiting and wanted to get home fast to sleep, so I took the Joo Koon train to Jurong East MRT station.

I reached Jurong East MRT near 6:30am and went to take one more bus to get home. I reached home near 7am. The journey is obviously more tedious than the straight bus but I arrived home 20-30 mins earlier. I think I paid more fees though. I am not sure if this is really worth it.

Perhaps I shall try 157 the next time I finish early and see if that is better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment