The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

This was not the usual monsoon that we sometimes experienced. It happened in 15th March, late afternoon at Jurong East and caused some inconvenience to the people around my area. I am not sure how it was at other places. I was stuck in my bus for a long time thanks to fallen trees all over the road.

Here are some footage:

Tree fallen in front of my bus..




Tree fallen behind my bus..



Look at the jams behind..


After realizing that I could be a sitting duck for a long time, i decided to walk home. On the way back, there were more incidents..

A tree had uprooted and fell on the shelter. Luckily the shelter had been over engineered and was able to sustain the weight of that tree.


And then the coffee shop at the bus depot was flooded..


The construction barrier was also blown down..

When i started walking home, the rain and wind had subsided. I reached home 60% wet because when i was waiting for the bus at the bus depot, before i started taking any of these picture, the wind had brought the rain into the bus depot despite the shelter and roof.

Many people were drenched. Even some had tried to shield themselves with umbrellas, they couldn't hide from the rain coming from another direction.

It was quite an experience. The lucky thing was that I was going home. If I were going out, I guess I would have to cancel my trip. Thank god there also weren't any casualties from this unusual monsoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment