The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

I thought I was in deep trouble after so many people told me the different punishments that the army would do to you when skipped you IPPT.

Yesterday I was instructed to report to CMPB in my military uniform with a decent haircut. So naturally I went. Firstly the moment I entered the gate, I had to walk through a sensor that scanned for metal I supposed. Then I need to register at the gate before passing the barricade into the compound. They scanned my IC and gave me a sticker for me to paste on my right area of my chest and a key for me to lock my prohibited items in a small locker. In my case I deposited my camera mobile phone into the locker.

Then I made my way towards the NSSC building which I am told to in the letter they sent me. I entered by the main entrance, turned right to a room with the registration counter just at the front. They scanned my IC again to check if I am supposed to be there or not and verified further by asking for my mobile number. I was given a ticket with a queue number of 78.

I waited for my turn along with a few others like myself but mostly with tattoos visible despite their decent smart fours. I was braced and was prepared for a $50 fine.

The number panel beeped to number 78 and I went to the room that it displayed.

I knocked and entered the room. A captain was seated behind a desk and he had a computer on it. He first verified his subject and offense before asking for reasons. I didn’t give him any. He then told me very well and under some chapters, sections and regulations he will have to charge me but since this is my first offense, he will let it be a verbal warning but it will be recorded into my profile.

He told me to book my RT and complete my IPPT for this window. I replied that I had already booked it and was halfway in phase one. He then proceeded to ask me if I am able to pass it or not. I told him I should be able to and asked him if I had to complete the previous IPPT that I had defaulted. He answered that I needn’t have to and that after I cleared this current one, my window will be closed. He then smiled and said “Good deal right? Do only one IPPT in 2 years”. After that he asked if I had any questions for him before releasing me.

I was relieved but at the same time very surprised that there wasn’t any serious punishment. I then went to the checking out lobby and wait for my queue number to be flash. The clerk then scanned my IC and told me that I am free to leave.

The entire experience was like going to the doctor. First you get the queue number after you had registered then you entered the doctor's clinic only that there was no a chair for you to sit on. After that the diagnosis, you went to wait for your turn again at the pharmacy to collect your medicine.

I walked back to the gate, collected my phone, returned the key and went off for my RT session.

There was my experience for my first time. Therefore if there are anyone out there like me and would like to know what it is like, you can read my experience above.

3 comments:

Bloody hell, you miss ippt, then do just 1 for 2 years. Like that, all should give it a miss

yea but i took a risk man. and it is recorded. lol at least your record is clean.

Who would give a rats ass about that one time record where you got let off with a warning for missing your IPPT 1st time

Post a Comment