The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

It's been 2 weeks since i started hunting for a job. It hasn't been easy at all. Everyday there were just a couple of postings matching my criteria. Although i had been actively sending in resumes, the replies were bleak. One of the recruit agency called several times at the beginning, telling me they would forward my resume to this and that company, had now gone quiet. Honestly i too had realised the number of temp jobs had dropped drastically since the previous holiday where i could have more than a handful to select from.

Usually 'holidays' or 'term break' is just a period where i can try to earn some spare pocket money. This term break however is beginning to really feel like a true holiday; the period of time where you simply do anything to your delight. Since there are really a shortage of job, i think i shall take it like a man and enjoy this genuine holiday.

I was at Jurong Point earlier to meet up an old friend to see how he has been doing after he was attacked by a family member of an unhappy worker last month. It seems that crime rates had increased in Singapore. While i was waiting for him in Macdonalds, i saw some police questioning a lady who undoubtedly should be the victim of a complication.




And judging from my friend's issue and that lady, the police were pretty much no help at all. For my friend's case they just try to calm both sides down and shake hands to call off the dispute. My friend's arm required to be supported and bandaged for 3 months. Poor fellow.

Recently i realized that my Vista cd is still with Azri after donkey years. Despite so many meet ups, he didn't return me. It seemed like it is my responsibility to ask him to get it back. Now when i msn or text him to ask about it, he played missing. The next time he tries to borrow anything will be a definite 'no' if not i just say i don't have it or something. Why make life difficult for myself to lend and end up as if i am giving it away instead right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment