The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..


Terminator. It is an event just knowing that it is released in the theaters. I had been a terminator fan for many years. The annoying thing is that the sequels always take a long time to produce.

Terminator is special because the first film was released in the year I was born. But it only came to my attention when it was broadcast on television. I think the first one that I watched was Judgement day, the 2nd Terminator film.

The gap between the 1st and the 2nd was 7 whole years. And the 2nd to 3rd was around 12 years!

Being a boy close to John Connor's age in the 2nd movie when I was watching, Arnold Schwarzenegger has portrayed a fatherly image for John. Together with Sarah Connor, they seemed to be a wonderful family. Imagine if you have a father like that who is virtually indestructible and a strong mother who couldn't care less for you.

Terminator films are well known of their demands for your adrenaline. They always keeps you at the edge of your seat. The intense and exciting plot never fails in any of their films. I am delighted to say that though they took the story to a new direction in the current Terminator Salvation and after so many years passed since the first, they still got the edge. Terminator Salvation kept me intrigued and my heart racing throughout the entire film.

Apart from the action they do have a faint surprise. I do feel that the limelight of the film was more over Sam Worthington rather than Christian Bale. The absence of Arnold certainly did not compromise the spunk of the movie. Anyway wait till you see his replacement!

This blockbuster is sure worth it to watch. I think it deserves a 9 out of 10. Don't let that sets you an extraordinary high expectation of the movie though. But if given a choice, I wouldn't mind watching it again in the cinemas. You may want to start leaving the theater when the credits begin. Don't bother to stay till the back hoping for a clip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment