The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

Oh yea recently I got to replace one of the oldest things in my possession after some consideration. I guess some of you may not even know this brand.




I replaced my ancient IPC keyboard with this new, smaller, sleeker keyboard. IPC keyboard came with the first computer I bought in my life. I still remembered that IPC was a Singapore brand and the model I bought was called MyGenieGold or something when I was in around primary 6.




At that time, it was like Windows 95 running on a 166mhz cpu and 32ram I think. Haha now you might be thinking what the hell especially when you are running the latest Windows Vista Ultimate on Quad-core 3.2 GHz, 8 gigs of ram and all that.




After that one got obsolete, my replacements of computer has always been a market assembled pc fixed up at Sim Lim Square for the more affordable price. The computer I am using now is probably my fourth already. Wonder how many pc can one live to change.






That keyboard was probably 12 years old by now and it is functioning at 100% efficient (Well sadly that’s the only damn thing of the $4000 pc that is working!). It may not be that kind of hardcore antique that your great, great, grandfather had left you with. But for me, I am 24 years old now, that keyboard had followed me half my life now. Incredible when calculated that way.


However it is taking up too much space and I decided to dispose it though it might go into the heritage of Singapore.










0 comments:

Post a Comment