The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

Yesterday i was going to the bathroom to wash up and sleep when i spotted a couple of cockroaches loitering in my kitchen.


I am ashamed to say that recently my kitchen had an increase in numbers of cockroaches as the owner, my mum, is most of the time out working and didn't have time to keep things clean as she did. In fact, everything she did in the kitchen these few days were sloppy and hasty as she was rushing most of the time. Thus resulted an unkempt kitchen. I am not blaming her though. I understand that she needs to work to keep the family healthy and at the end of the day, she is obviously too tired to do any cleaning or tidying up.


I yelled "bee bee" to Geeyon(my dog), who interprets as "cockroach" and rushed over to hunt for it along with my guidance. That was taught by my mum and instead of saying cockroach, "Bee-bee" is easier to deliver and simpler for a dog to understand. Geeyon is always excited about hunting cockroaches. Sometimes even when i lost sight and gave up, he would still sniffs and look around for another 5-10 minutes before he retreats disappointingly.


Here is a short clip of the action yesterday:





After he murdered that first one and i was about to put away my phone before going for a shower, amazingly he found his second prey taking cover in a tiny gap between the cabinet door and wall.

I then opened the door and he immediately charged in and bit the cockroach like a snake stinging his target.

While he was having fun with his second victim, i noticed another small cockroach trapped inside a transparent glove. After he was done with his second, i shook out the third and as excited as usual he carried on playing with it.

After he defeated the three, he would stand guard and watch if they would still stand up and crawl away.

I have got an advice for everyone who is reading this:

If you want to kill the cockroaches in your home in a more environmental friendly, less toxic and fun way,

Don't buy a pesticide/insecticide. Get a Jack Russell!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment