The Damned World

Fairytale never exists..

Recently the Phantom of the opera started to hunt me again. I got no idea what caused this phenomenon but the urge to take the CD out again to listen was compelling.

Therefore on Wednesday of this week while I was getting bored of the work I am doing in the office, I started to youtube “The Phantom of the Opera”.

I was having a great moment listening to some wonderful tracks. The only pain I had was the annoying connection speed to download the videos while receiving constant excitement attacks.

After a while, I stumbled across an audition video in which the candidate was “William Hung-like”. He looked kind of weird.

The audition was for the show “Britain’s got talent” and the champion of the competition would have to perform in front of her majesty the queen of England.

However for the glamour of stardom, naturally it attracted many contestants. Looking at this weird looking guy, stardom seemed a million miles away.



Watch this video and I will tell you more about it after the video.





Well you should have finished the video upon reading this section. If not, my article will not mean a damn thing to you.

If you had followed the progression of my article, you probably realized that I am talking rubbish in the first half.

That guy, Paul Potts to be exact, was astonishingly incredible. He looked plain and simple but the moment he started doing what all the judges thought would be the joke of the century, he managed to devour their souls. Even the strictest judge, Simon Cowell, who was hated for his direct criticisms and mockeries, gave his compliments first before the rest.

When I was listening to Paul, although I had never listened to that song he performed in my life before, he had told me in his performance that it was an extremely sorrowful piece of master piece. The song was actually performed by one of the world’s most popular opera mainstream singer, Luciano Pavarotti, who departed on September 6th, 2007.

I think on my journey back to opera, I found myself a sparkling gem.

For all opera lovers, all music for the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment